Redstone was developed by industrialist John Cleveland Osgood whose coal empire spurred construction of the Crystal River Railroad and Redstone's historic dwellings. John Cleveland Osgood, cousin of former President Grover Cleveland, constructed the Cleveholm Manor mansion now commonly referred to as “the Redstone Castle” for his second wife, Swedish Countess Alma Regina Shelgrem. The mansion was completed in 1902 and included servants' quarters, a gamekeeper's lodge, a carriage house, and a greenhouse. Today, Redstone is a spectacular turn-of-the-century Camelot whose historic district is now home to artisans with its art galleries, antique shops and boutiques set amidst pristine high mountain wilderness.
< Back Home